Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tuna Pasta Bake


In the oven, set on timer, to be cooked by 18:00.

Tesco ED tuna chunks = £0.75
Tesco tuna bake packet mix = £0.38
Skimmed milk = £0.14 
Frozen onion = £0.10 approx.
Tesco ED frozen sweetcorn = £0.06 approx.
Grated cheese = £0.75
TOTAL = £2.16 for 6 portions.

36p per portion.

Looking at this, I think the cheese is dis proportionally expensive and I will adjust next time.

FROZEN ONION
For a while now I have bought frozen onion.  2 reasons really:
  • It is convenient.  Although technically more expensive to buy, it makes me more likely to cook something cheaply, and and not resort to expensive ready meals from the COOP.
  • Frozen is always there and fresh, so to speak.  It reduces waste.  I have applied this principle to most vegetables and herbs now.




1 comment:

  1. One of our favourites Tuna Pasta Bake, used to have the colmans until we found the Tesco at half the price :-) I have only just started adding onion, it is so tasty !

    ReplyDelete