Sunday 28 April 2013

Updated Defrosting The Freezer

Shameful



That's more like it!



Last night, because I was so pleased with having defrosted it, the freezer was on my mind.I think I have have owned it for since approximately 1998 [15 years].  It has survived two house moves.


I was checking on line how much it would cost to replace, if it went wrong. I was also considering what size we really need as a family of 3.  That said, I do use my freezer quite a lot to freeze 'yellow sticker' items etc.

During the course of my research, I read some reviews and managed to glean this: apparently old fashioned 'manual freezer are more reliable than frost-free types.   This might go some way to explaining the longevity of my freezer, despite years of abuse.  I think the previous one might have been a frost-free type [although my memory is not that good anymore] and it only survived one move and 5 years.

When this one bites the dust, I think I will buy another 'manual' freezer.

x


2 comments:

  1. It is surprising how quick the freezers can build up isn't it.
    It's looking much better now!

    ReplyDelete