Sunday 28 April 2013

Hair Cut

The last time I went to the hairdresser, my regular stylist had left.  I have been going to the same salon for a number of years and have been very happy there.

My last haircut cost £42.  [I never leave a tip, but always feel a bit guilty about it]  £42 seems like a lot of money, although if I went to a well known high street chain, such as Toni and Guy, I know I would pay even more.

Anyway, I have been thinking, and have decided that I am going to try out a mobile hairdresser.  I have started to ring round and have had a quote of £20.  However, I have another phone call to make, because a friend has specifically recommended the lady she uses.

Obviously, I want to be happy with the cut and finish.  However, if it works out I have calculated that I would be saving myself approximately £132 per year.

2 comments:

  1. it realy pays to shop around in alll aspects of your life, hopefully you can make that saving, which coudl be put to use on other things

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i moved to Hamburg, I was recommended to a chain of hairdressers (FON) that wash and cut for €15 (approx £12.60). You have to blow dry it yourself for that price. One time I tried out a fancier place, and spent €70 and honestly, I did not feel €60 worth of difference. So I keep my €60 now and am happy with this €15 cut. If I could cut it myself I would, but this has always ended in disaster! LOL!

    ReplyDelete