Saturday 27 April 2013

Hard Core

Since I have come back to blogging, I feel more hard core about saving money.  I am trying not to let any more at all slip through my fingers.  I also get a sense, from reading the blogs of others, that they are doing the same.

So, 3 little successes to note:

  • Yesterday was my fortnightly lunch duty day [Don't have to do anything unless it rains.  If it does, just have to go into the corridors and support Lunch Time Supervisors bringing the children in]  For this we are entitled to claim a free lunch.  This I did.  In the past I have not bothered to claim. So, I ate vegetable curry and rice, with a shortbread biscuit for pudding. [I kept the biscuit and ate it after school, when I was doing my marking]
  • I was also given 2 free-range eggs, from the school farm.  I am planning to have scrambled eggs on toast for my breakfast.

  • I have just sold a vintage telephone on ebay.  It was a wedding present and never used.  It spent almost 20 years in the loft.  I did my research and believed I might get as much as £200.  This was based on dedicated dealer websites.  However, I have had to list it 3 times.  It has sold for £45 [best offer] on the third attempt, but I am at peace with this because it was not adding value to me when sitting in the loft.  It is going towards the £100 per month mortgage overpayment target.  So far this month I have achieved £93 [£30 Moneysupermarket; £45 ebay and £18 other]
I will update my sidebar accordingly.

I have also emailed Tesco about the oxtail.  They have tried to contact me by phone, but I was not able to answer the call.  I await to see if they offer a resolution to my complaint!

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed that I slipped when not blogging, I think it helped me stay focused, reading others blogs and seeing them chugging along madem e feel part of community especially when no one i know likes to live my kind of lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about people's successes-even if they are small victories, it all adds up!

    And great news about that overpayment! I noticed you were using a progress bar to show this.
    I love them! I've got 4 or 5 on my blog at the moment.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete