Monday 20 May 2013

Contact lenses

I wear daily disposable contact lenses, which I buy on a monthly basis from Tesco.  They cost £18 for a month's supply.  Surprisingly, they recently came down in price slightly.  I mean what comes down in price these days?

Anyway, I have decided that I shall stock up, whilst Tesco Clubcard Exchange is on; thus bringing the cost down to £9 per month.

I have to say, that this month, despite having an unforeseen leak in the bathroom and a problem with my brake lights, I have managed to save money.

Thus on the 24th [the day I receive my salary] I shall overpay another £100 off my mortgage.

Well done to me.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic news on both counts. I would love lazer eye surgery. I think I may have to start a pot just for that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well-£100 is a great amount to knock off the mortgage.

    Maybe I should suggest the contact lense deal to Mr Sft, or maybe not.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I'm lucky am on a very old contract for my monthly lens, so pay just £7 per month x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness me - you have a very good deal indeed. It must be a very old contract. Do you use dailies or monthly?
      x

      Delete
  4. I didn't know tescos did them - do you have to go through their own in store optician or something or just have your prescription? I use specsaver's dailies and they're the highest water content / letting oxygen through blah blah ones and I pay £30 a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth - the ones shown above as supposed to be like you describe.

      I get my eye exam done in the Tesco opticians in-store. However, if you had a prescription, I bet they would sell to you.

      Delete