Monday 6 May 2013

Mowing The Lawn

Last Sunday, I gave the lawn its first cut of the season.  I was very pleased when the lawn mower started first time.

I took these before and after pictures, which, in fact, don't do the after justice!

It got me thinking about looking after my lawn mower, so I contacted the local supplier, from where the mower was bought, in a former life.  To service it, they wanted £130 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently  this is not excessive.  Well to me it is.

So, I have been doing some research: basically, I should change the filter, top up the oil, change the spark plug and possibly get the blade sharpened.  I don't have the manual anymore, so am trying to find info on line.  Once I know where things like the spark are and how to get to them, I should be well away.







Today, I have topped up the oil.  It took a bit of asking around, but I have now established that I have a 4 stroke mower and have bought the correct oil.

I have just cut it again and it is starting to look lovely - although have not taken photos this time.  

Learning a bit every time - am now using the shorter cut setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment