Saturday 25 May 2013

Frightening

Last night, at approximately 11:00 PM, superscout and I were both asleep in bed.

We were woken by the doorbell ringing and someone banging on the front door.

Because, I was woken from sleep, I stumbled around, shaking trying to find my dressing gown.  I think I would have gone down stairs initially, but superscout told me not to.  Instead I opened my front bedroom window and called down 'who's there?'.

NO ONE.

There was no car; no person; nothing.

It really shook me up.  Then I started to get paranoid:  Had I locked the front and back doors properly?  Was my car locked?  I dare not go downstairs.

Plus the battery was flat on my phone.  If I had needed to call the police, we did have superscout's.

Anyway - it has been a lesson on being prepared and taking care with security.

[The teenager is not here.  He has gone on holiday with a friend.  His bedroom is downstairs and had he been here, there would have been lights and music on]

#scary


1 comment:

  1. Probably nothing but always best to be prepared. I never ever open my front door unless I know who it is. Lets face it, they are hardly there to give me anything, always the other way round. No invite, no open, that's my motto.

    FIB. X

    ReplyDelete