Sunday 12 May 2013

Grating And Slicing


 I love the way I am pushed on/gently encouraged and inspired by other bloggers.

Today, I mentioned that I have being buying grated cheese and carrots.  Frugal Mum then kindly left a comment, which inspired me to look carefully at 3 food processor blades I have had in my cupboards for years.  They turned out to be: a finer slicer/grater; a thick slicer/grater and a chipper. [I Googled them - how else would I have found out?!]  Indeed, if I wished to buy them separatley, they appear to be selling on ebay for approx the £10 each mark.

So, I had a little go, using a carrot and a courgette.  I AM SO PLEASED WITH THE OUTCOME.



I love my blogging friends.
x


5 comments:

  1. I love my food processor it has lots of slicing/grating attachments. They make life so much easier don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy, so glad you experimented, and dug around in the cupboards. Every little helps and you will be surprised how much you get from a few carrots in quantity and taste and be wondering why you spent the money on the grated stuff from the shop.

    You can do the same with the cheese and pop it in a bag in the freezer too ( fridge if we are using it that week) , i do this with yellow labelled chese and it lasts for months, ( but not that long in my house lol) great when you just need a bit for pizza and pasta toppings or sandwhiches.


    ooooh and just think some cabbage (optional), and dressing a bit of salt pepper and you have coleslaw too xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a food processor last year and now use it quite a lot to grate and bag things. This weekend it was mushrooms which I then blanched and are now in the freezer. I now do cheese all the time and it is amazing how much it actually grates too. This will help with keeping the calories down too. Win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a stuff! existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this site.

    my weblog :: Basket Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts
    on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site.
    Studying this info So i am happy to express that
    I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what
    I needed. I most no doubt will make certain to don?t fail to remember this site and give it a
    glance regularly.

    Here is my web site :: Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete