Tuesday 28 May 2013

TV Licence



It is half-term, so I have time on my hands to catch up on little tasks I postpone during term time.

Inspired by a tip I read when we were all writing our '30Ways To Save £1' posts, I rang TV licensing today.

I wanted to save £5 per year, by paying by monthly DD; rather than quarterly [with £1.25 per quarter premium]

It is true you can do this, but there is a catch.  According to the guy I spoke to, the first time you go onto monthly DDs you must first pay £29.10 monthly for the first 5 months - IE the full licence. Then you are allowed to pay monthly.  I pointed out that I have a proven track record of responsible payments.  However, to no avail.  Apparantly, it is government regulation.. HOW SILLY?

As I now pay £37.62 quarterly, I don't want to go onto £29.10 monthly for 5 months; even though I would save the £5 in the following year.

WHAT WOULD YOU ?
X

2 comments:

  1. We pay by DD and have done for years, so I expect we paid the penalty to start with.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you pay month;y by DD, you won't. If you pay quarterly, you do pay the penalty. x

      Delete